• $5 admission to enjoy dozens of chilis from award-winning chili champs and local teams putting their best recipes to the test! Kids 12 and under are free.
• Great family fun with a free Kids Zone play area, live music, concessions, raffles, prize drawings and award-winning chili!
• Cajun Chili Fest is a chili cookoff sanctioned by the Chili Appreciation Society International (CASI). Local and state CASI cookoffs around the country raise money for student scholarships and local charities. As the Louisiana State Cookoff, Cajun Chili Fest is a qualifying event for the CASI Terlingua International Chili Championship. It’s hosted by the LA CASI Pod (chapter), with proceeds benefiting Family Promise of Acadiana, a nonprofit organization helping local homeless families.
• The event regularly features numerous traveling cooking teams, including several with CASI International Championship winning cooks, as well as local cooking teams showing off their best recipes to compete for cash, trophies and bragging rights.
• Cajun Chili Fest is dedicated to the memory of Lynn Howell, one of the driving forces behind our event and a prize-winning chili cook! Lynn was well-known and loved in the CASI community, as well as here at home in Acadiana. We are grateful to him for his contributions to our success, and we’re proud to honor Lynn at the event each year.