Louisiana State Cookoff
Saturday, May 27, 2023 | Mendoza Ford in Maurice
Join us for award-winning chili from traveling cooking teams, as well as local teams stirring up their best recipes! Benefiting Family Promise of Acadiana.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- $5 entry fee lets you sample a variety of chilis from local hopefuls, as well as world-champs
- Kids 12 and under admitted free
- Live music from Alligator Blue
- Chili from local and traveling cook teams
- Prize drawings
- Vote for your Fan Favorite local team
In addition to local cooks vying for cash prizes and trophies, Cajun Chili Fest features traveling teams looking to qualify for the Chili Appreciation Society International (CASI) world-championship cookoff in Terlingua, Texas. We regularly host previous winners at Terlingua, so you know you’ll get some great chili!
All proceeds benefit Family Promise of Acadiana in its mission to help local families experiencing homelessness achieve long-term independence.